This is a maximum intensity clinic designed for serious players entering 7th, 8th and 9th grade who want to push their skills to the next level. Diamond Skills Baseball hires college baseball coaches to serve as guest instructors during this camp. Having college coaches on our staff gives Prospect Camp players a unique opportunity to learn the game of baseball from high-level coaches.
With metrics becoming increasingly popular Diamond Skills has decided to increase the amount of testing players will undergo at camp. Players will be measured and tested using state of the art equipment in the following ways: Foot speed, agility, quickness, bat speed, infield arm strength, outfield arm strength as well as graduation year, position, and size will all be recorded for each player.
During the past 11 years a number of top flight college programs have sent coaches to work at the Prospect Camp including Three time NCAA Division 1 National Champion Cal-State Fullerton, Southeastern Conference powerhouse the University of Florida, and ACC power Florida State. A very low player-to-instructor ratio will ensure that each player receives quality individual instruction and enormous amounts of repetitions, which will help lay the groundwork for baseball success. Combining players who have a strong desire to improve with outstanding coaches and a terrific teaching program makes this a great week of camp.
For Videos and Pictures of the Prospect Camp, click here.
• Accelerated program that teaches advanced fundamentals for hitters.
• Daily hitting stations include: live batting practice, side toss, front toss, batting tee, rope and eye hand coordination drills
Infielders will learn:
• Proper fielding footwork, glove work, throwing mechanics, double play technique and cut off/relay positioning.
• Infielders will take live ground balls daily with throws to first base and double play turns on the field.
Outfielders will learn:
• Proper footwork on ground balls, fly balls, drop steps and angles of pursuit
• Proper throwing mechanics, cutoffs/relays, fly ball communication
• Will take live fly balls daily.
Catchers will learn:
• Proper techniques for blocking, framing, receiving and throwing
Pitching Fundamentals are offered to all players who are interested in working on this skill. Pitchers will focus on:
• Delivery mechanics including, balance points, arm action weight transfer
• Windup and stretch mechanics
Strength Training and conditioning for baseball
Players will spend time learning how to properly train for baseball with some of the area’s best strength and speed coaches.
For a Steal Break Fundamentals Info Sheet, click here.
Players will learn:
• Primary and secondary leads at all bases
• Correct turns at first, second and third base
• Steal breaks, reading pitchers pick off tendencies,
• Live reads on ground balls and fly balls from second and third bases.
Structured talks that give players information on a variety of baseball related subjects from top-level college and high school coaches.
Games are played Tuesday thru Friday:
• Players drafted onto a team
• Players receive team shirt and team hat
• Championship Games played on Friday
We have camp skills competitions Friday morning in the following areas:
• Silver Slugger (hitting)
• Gold Glove (fielding)
• Rocket Arm (throwing)
• Fleet Feet (running)
2017 Registration Information
St. John’s College High School
2607 Military Road, Washington D.C. 20007
July 24 – July 28
Players entering 7th, 8th, and 9th grade
Register St Johns
Georgetown Prep High School
10900 Rockville Pike, North Bethesda, MD 20852
July 31 – August 4
layers entering 7th, 8th, and 9th grade
Diamond Skills Baseball prides itself on hiring great instructors for our Prospect Camps. Colleges that have been represented include: Cal-State Fullerton • Catholic University • College of William and Mary • Florida Gulf Coast • Florida State • George Mason University • George Washington • Glendale CC (Az) • Hamden Sydney • Haverford • High Point • LaSalle University • Liberty University • Marist College • Montgomery College-Rockville • Mt. St. Mary’s University • Old Dominion University • South Carolina-Aiken • St. Mary’s College • Tallahassee CC (Fla) • UNC Charlotte • University of Florida • University of New Orleans • University of Richmond • Virginia Commonwealth University • Virginia Tech University • Virginia Military Institute • West Virginia University
9:00- 9:30 Camp Talk/Baserunning
9:35- 9:50 Hitting Circle
9:50-11:05 Hitting Fundamentals
11:05-12:05 Defensive Fundamentals
12:35-1:00 Coaches Talk
1:00-2:15 Games or Film/Team Defense/Hitting Competition
2:15-3:30 Games or Film/Team Defense/Hitting Competition
What to bring to camp
• Cleats and tennis shoes
• Baseball pants for games (We strongly suggest players wear shorts when not playing games)
• Bag lunch
Refunds: Players may receive a full refund of camp tuition (minus a $20 processing fee) up to 4 weeks before the start of a camp. After this date, a player will be given a credit if he is unable to participate in the camp.
Cancellation Policy: If cancelled due to weather, a make-up date will be issued. If a make-up is not possible, credit will be issued.
Inclement Weather: Please call the Diamond Skills Hotline at 301-570-2833. Information will be posted 2 hours before the start of a camp. Please also check the website www.diamondskillsbaseball.com
Confirmation Policy: A player is confirmed when the deposited check is returned or if he receives an online confirmation receipt.
Food/Drinks: Water is provided at all camps. A snack stand sells food, drinks and snacks at each camp.
Click here to learn more about setting your domain's nameservers.